Monday, March 5, 2012

Artwork as a recent graduate.

I decided that the first art I was going to post would be some of my old stuff from my time at junior college (spring 2011):

 Learning one-point perspective (free-hand)
 We had to design a house and since I've always loved old-fashioned things, it seemed natural for me to design an old-fashioned house.
 This one wasn't an assignment. I was sitting listening to a lecture one day and just started doodling on my newsprint paper. After a few minutes it started to look like a weird mountain range so I decided to render it, cut it out and place it on a toned piece of 18x24. One of more creative and freeing things I've ever done.
This isn't actually a picture of me (even if I did look similar to that when I had my hair in a bob). One of the more successful renderings I've done recently. This picture was a part of our final project where we had to create two pieces that fit together.  A lot of other people just chose to do two portraits or two still life drawings, but I thought it would be cool to create something that might be found in a set of a movie.
This was the second half of that project. I'm happy to say that every piece of furniture in this is period correct for the 1920s (yeah, I'm a bit of a history nerd...)
 The usual still life of drawing glass objects on a background. Not as difficult as I thought it would be.
 This is one of my all time favorite pieces. I am really proud of the attention I paid to the details, in the hair and shirt especially. This went on to win Best in Division at our county fair last summer.
I don't really have much to say about this except it's a pretty good still life.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment