Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Abstract Exploration

Over the last semester in my monotype class, I've been given a lot of freedom to explore my own ideas and methods.  Although some might find this freeing, doing stuff like that has always sort of overwhelmed me. Without a lot of boundaries, I start questioning whether or not the ideas I have are right or wrong.

Still, the days of living with strict artistic guidelines seem to be leaving me, at least for a while. With my graduation coming on a few weeks, I'll have a lot more opportunities to get really creative, experiment, and grow as an artist.  So, am I comfortable with leaning towards more abstract pieces? Not exactly.  But I recognize that by pushing myself outside of my comfort zone, I'm growing as an artist.
Here's just a taste of what I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment