Thursday, November 3, 2016

Watercolor Wednesday 2016 - Some Archived Work

Being an artist as a student is very different than being an artist as a professional....particularly when it is not your full time job. As much as I try to believe that I will make art spontaneously while working full time and going to school, it doesn't happen. I'm not that perfect.

Instead, I have to be intentional about my work. This means actually setting a reminder on my phone to paint/draw/whatever. Last year I did a semi-weekly thing where I did watercolor paintings every week. Thankfully, my busy summer month (June) has ended, leaving 6 glorious weeks of nothing to really do...I may even try to paint while on vacation in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I've actually been able to do some watercolors before starting up on my blog again. In addition to today's watercolor, I have included a couple that I've done over the past couple of weeks. Enjoy!




I'm looking forward to continuing with this series over Winter Break!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your work, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a well designed blog! The background is interesting, but it doesn't distract from the work. Improvements: Some of the photos are very dark; you may want to get better quality photos. There is also a lot of info that could be simplified. Good job!

    ReplyDelete